Legal and Ethical Issues in Maternity Care
Saturday 7 August 2010
Wesley Hospital, Auchenflower
The Wesley Maternity Conference is an opportunity to learn more about legal and ethical issues, advocacy, evidence-based practice, the consumer perspective and much more.
Topics & speakers include the following:
* Legal Issues and Risk Management in Obstetrics - Ms Marianna Kelly (Risk Adviser and Medico-Legal Adviser, Avant Law) & Mr Christopher West (Solicitor, Avant Law)
* Obstetric Malpractice - Dr Ted Weaver (RANZCOG President, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
* Applying Evidence to Improve Maternity Care: Moving Forward with Learnings of the Past - Associate Professor Vicki Flenady (Acting Director, Mater Mothers’ Research Centre
* Informed Consent / Informed Choice in Maternity Care - Dr Belinda Maier (Midwifery Adviser to the Chief Nursing Officer, Queensland Health
* Informed Choice: The Consumer Perspective - Bruce Teakle and Kylie Downie (Maternity Coalition)
* Ethics and Advocacy Issues in Practice - Mary Sidebotham (Midwifery Lecturer, Griffith University)
NOTE: MC members are welcome to register by Friday 16th July at the Early Bird rate of $125.00. No registrations will be taken after Friday 30 July, for catering purposes.
For further information, see the flier below or contact Marie Barton, Clinical Midwife Educator, Maternity Unit, Wesley Hospital:
Phone: 07 3232 7158
Mobile: 0408 454 314